Current University Committee Appointees
- Academic Master Plan (AMP) Steering Committee: Hope Emry Ortiz (Spring 2023-Fall 2023)
- AMP Current & New Programs Working Group: Sara Jordan (Spring 2023-Fall 2023)
- AMP Academic Support Services Working Group: Nina Mendia (Spring 2024)
- AMP Learning Spaces & Technology Working Group: Amy Unger (Fall 2023)
- Academic Senate: Kate Sims (Fall 2023-Spring 2026)
- Campus Planning and University Space Advisory Committee: Sadie Pettit (Fall 2022-Spring 2024)
- Intercollegiate Athletics Advisory Council (IAAC): Kelly Clark (Fall 2022-Spring 2024) & Mike Dominguez (Fall 2022-Spring 2024)
- President's Advisory Council on Diversity, Equity, Campus Climate, and Inclusion: Aidan Humrich (Fall 2022-Spring 2024) & Jaime Russell (Fall 2023-Spring 2025)
- President's Advisory Council on Campus Police and Safety: Vacant (Fall 2023-Spring 2025)
- President’s Advisory Council on Title IX: Molly Mande (Fall 2022-Spring 2024) & Rachel Carbone (Fall 2022-Spring 2025)
- President’s Budget Advisory Council (PBAC): John Lynch (Fall 2023-Spring 2025)
- President's Sustainability Advisory Council: Soo Haylet (Fall 2022-Spring 2025)
- SafeSSU Committee: Chaka Morrison (Fall 2023-Spring 2025)
- Sonoma State Enterprises, Inc. Board and Audit Committee: Kim Purdy (Fall 2023-Spring 2025); Jennifer Haynes (Fall 2023-Spring 2024)
- University Culinary Services Advisory Board: Poonam Rani (Fall 2022-Spring 2024)
- Alternative Transportation Committee: (Fall 2023-Spring 2025); (Fall 2023-Spring 2024)
- Commencement 2024 Logistics Committee: Position will open in Fall 2023 and will be in place for Spring 2024
University committee appointees serve one semester to three year terms aligned with the academic year (August - May) unless otherwise noted. Please review the list of university committee terms if you are are interested in serving on one of these committees.
View the Staff Council Fall 2023 Meetings, where you can see both the upcoming dates and any special speakers who will be presenting.
All Staff Council meetings currently take place via Zoom. You may join the meeting during the scheduled time by clicking this link to the SSU Staff Council Zoom Meeting Room.
For Fall 2023, meetings will occur from 1:00-2:00 pm every other Tuesday starting September 5th. Click here to add the event series to your calendar.
If special session meetings are needed, they will be scheduled on a Tuesday after the regular schedule from 1:00-2:00 pm.
All staff are welcome and encouraged to participate in these open discussions.
The Staff Council’s purpose:
- The Staff Council shall report directly to the campus President or the President’s designee.
- The Staff Council is a recognized body within shared governance on the Sonoma State campus.
- The Staff Council shall only provide input on issues not covered by collective bargaining.
- The Staff Council may sponsor programs, events, and various services in an effort to promote a culture of respect, cooperation, and understanding across the campus community.
- The Staff Council may offer advice on community and academic-related matters.
- The SSU Staff Council and its representatives acknowledge SSU’s core values, including inclusiveness and embracing the diversity of people and beliefs.
- Chair: Katie Musick
- Vice-Chair: Gillian Estes
- Secretary: Kelly Clark
- Treasurer: Sara Jordan
- Custodian of Records: Kari Manwiller
For General Inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.